Our program and what to expect:
Core Strength's Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program is a group therapy program for kids and teens ages 12-17 years old, and takes place every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 530pm-830pm.
We keep our group size below 10 to allow for more individualized care, including treatment planning, family sessions, and medication management appointments, if needed. Our program provides a high level of clinical and evidence based care in a safe and judgement-free environment.
- Group therapy can facilitate a teen’s socialization and communication skills,.
- Being in a group and listening to others with the same struggle can facilitate self-awareness.
- Being in a group can sometimes make it easier for a teen to discuss their struggle.
Groups offer the opportunity to not only receive support but teens can also give support to other teens. This in turn facilitates bonding and stronger relationships in a teen’s life, which can also be supportive.
Therapeutic modalities & group topics include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Distress tolerance
- Managing anxiety
- Communication Skills
- Coping Skills
- Building self-esteem
- Interpersonal relationships
- Time management
- Role play
- Art therapy
- Building self-motivation
- and more...
With accessibility in mind, we continue to offer our services both in-person and via telehealth.